Sunday, December 28, 2014

Travel Day Post


I apologize for not posting something new but Monday was a travel day and I had no real chance to shoot. So I'm posting a sunset image taken last year at my favorite spot in Sugar Land, Texas.



By the time you read this post I should be photographing Gorman Falls in the Colorado Bend State Park, near Lampasas, Texas. It's a 2 mile hike to the falls and if everything goes as planned I should be there at first light. First I have to drive about 30 miles of winding dirt road in the utter dark. And I mean DARK!



I had planned on hiking the trail to the falls late Monday afternoon but the 100F heat made me think twice. My hydration/camera pack from ClikElite only holds 1 liter of water and that wouldn't last for 2- 3 hours in the scorching Texas sun. Better to leave a first light when the temperature's around 75F.



Water Tower Sunset




Water Tower Sunset - Sugar Land, Texas
Copyright 2008 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT set on aperture priority (Av) using an EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM tripod mounted. The exposure was taken at 36mm, f/9 for 1/6th of a second at ISO 100 on Sandisk digital film. Post capture processing was done in Lightroom 2 using Nik's Silver Efex Pro plug-in. Click on the image above for a larger version.



Posted in Photography Tagged: Canon, Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, Landscape Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment