Saturday, December 20, 2014

Landscape Photography – Stone and Cedar


As I first walked down the hill from where I had parked, I noticed the unusual color of the water in these pools at Pedernales Falls. I thought perhaps it was a trick of the sun reflecting off the stone and cedar which surrounds the falls on both sides. When I climbed down to the falls I found that the water was crystal clear but each pool seemed to glow with this beautiful green color from the moss growing at the bottom. With the water also reflecting the blue sky the effect was wonderful to capture.



Stone and Cedar




Stone and Cedar at Pedernales Falls State Park, Texas
Copyright 2009 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon EOS 40D set on aperture priority (Av) using an EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM tripod-mounted. The exposure was taken at 58mm, f/9 for 1/40th of a second at ISO 100 on Sandisk digital film. Post capture processing was done in Lightroom 2. Click on the image above for a larger version.



Posted in Photography Tagged: Canon, Canon 40D, Landscape Photography, Pedernales Falls State Park



No comments:

Post a Comment