Thursday, December 18, 2014

Clik Elite Photo Packs


Clik Elite Compact Sport


I hate photo-packs!



I've never liked the idea of carrying my gear in any sort of backpack when hiking. For nature and wildlife photography, I always want my camera ready to shoot at any moment. I generally use the extra wide and deep pockets in my Filson or L.L. Bean cargo pants to carry an extra lens, filters and CF cards. If I need to carry more than this then I usually use the Think Tank modular system.



I hadn't really given much thought to buying a photo-pack until I stumbled upon the Clik Elite web site. These folks are avid hikers, skiers and mountain bikers as well as being serious photographers and they've solved one of the biggest issues for nature photographers everywhere... WATER!



I live and shoot in sunny Texas and on any given day in the summer, I'll brave 100F+ temperatures and 100% relative humidity on my hike to an interesting location. Having sufficient water is not a luxury, it's absolutely vital to my survival.



Clik Elite Compact Sport Details




Each Clik Elite pack is designed with a hydration sleeve and tube port along with the normal space reserved for your camera and lenses. The Compact Sport pack shown here weighs less than 2 lbs and will easily hold a 1 liter reservoir. During my last hike to shoot Gorman Falls in the Colorado Bend State Park, I needed every last drop in the hot Texas sun.



Other features include:


  • Zippered outer pocket for sunglasses and cell phone.
  • Stash pocket with compression cord.
  • Mesh side pocket for water bottle or lens.
  • Bottom organizer to protect digital film, filters or business cards.
  • Padded shoulder straps with adjustable sternum strap.
  • Built-in ChestPorts to attach Clik Elite ChestPacks.
  • Attachment points on straps and belt to attach small pouches and lens holders.
  • Padded contour waist belt.

Like I said. I really don't like photo-packs but the Clik Elite packs and accessories are rapidly changing my mind.



Posted in Photography Tagged: Backpacks, Clik Elite, Photo-Packs



No comments:

Post a Comment