Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Lightroom 2 on a 13″ MacBook Pro


13


As most of you know, Apple made some major product announcements earlier this week at their worldwide developer conference. While the new iPhone 3Gs looks very cool, it was the new 13 MacBook Pro that really caught my attention.



I've always liked the light-weight and small form factor of the my 13 MacBook, but really lusted after the more powerful graphics processor, larger hard drive and aluminum unibody construction found in the MacBook Pro models.



Now we have the best of both worlds in the new 13 MacBook Pro and I went ahead and ordered mine a few days ago. Setting it up and migrating all the programs and files from my old MacBook went perfectly and only took a few hours to complete.



And what a result! Lightroom 2 really flies on this machine and with the faster CPU & GPU, I don't hear the constant whine of the fan every time I start working in Lightroom. If you use Adobe Lightroom 2 on an older MacBook you really should look at the new 13 MBP. It's one sweet machine.



Posted in Photography Tagged: Apple, MacBook, MacBook Pro



No comments:

Post a Comment