Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bird Photography – Never Put Your Camera Away!


Never put your camera away until you return home from a shoot. Don't shut it off when you're carrying it back to the car. Don't even think about it!



I was on my way back to the car as the light faded. My camera was hooked to my R-Strap, hanging by my side when I startled this Great Blue and he took off. Got two nice shots off in a short burst before the light and the bird were gone.



Great Blue Heron in Flight




Great Blue Heron In Flight
Copyright 2009 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon EOS 50D hand held using an EF 300mm f/4L IS USM with an EF 1.4X II extender. The camera was set on shutter priority (Tv) using AI Servo auto focus mode. The exposure was taken at 420mm, f/5.6 for 1/500th of a second at ISO 200 on Lexar Professional UDMA digital film. All post capture processing was done in Lightroom 2 and Noise Ninja. Click on the image above for a larger version.



Posted in Photography Tagged: Bird Photography, Brazos Bend State Park, Canon, Canon 50D



No comments:

Post a Comment